News & Notices
* The Academy has 3 weeks away to close by 16 July 2022. Few sessions left, mentoring then we will plan for outing holiday in a fun fair depending on funding with John Lyons / YCF.
* Enrolment is planned from 20 August to 10 September 2022.
* Reliance Impact project is underway for the post pandemic Camden residents until 5 May 2023.
GOOD NEWS: *** THE CARTESIANS ACADEMY SS IS AWARDED "THE ADVANCED QUALITY MARK" FROM THE NATIONAL RESOURCE CENTRE FOR THE SUPPLEMENTARY EDUCATION on 24 March 2022.
Today 3 December becomes an official recognition for the Cartesians Academy. We congratulate our strong team for this tremendous achievement in this post pandemic period! In the Lord, we trust **
* The Academy is closed from Easter break
* .Parents will be informed to contact the school anytime in over the phone: 07553181765.
The Cartesians Academy Supplementary School-CASS
Highgate Road Chapel, Camden NW5 1BU
Equal Opportunity and Non-Profit Organisations.
In response to Covid-19 best practices, this school is no longer face to face. We are running virtual learning on Zoom to children and young people from 6 -19 (KS1-KS4).
The academy was founded to direct Congolese young people from street anti-social behaviour and criminal activity to make them busy after schools who achieved poor marks in GCSE & A-Level in English and Maths in Camden Education Report in 2010 -2011.
Therefore, in 2012, Parents set up this voluntary organisation, which reducing the number of killing and overcome the under achievement through extra activities of their choice in Maths, English, Cultural Empowerment and Lingala.
CASS is dedicated to provide outstanding key skills such as discipline toward learning in following our …respect,… the community feels overwhelming since 2012 (9 years)
We have all required policies in place to run such school in following the NRCSE quality Mark Award!
We assess, seek feedback, measure progress and success evaluate both students and teachers.
Young people will learn volunteering and leading a project
Please the main stream schools in Camden start sending Congolese students who experiencing learning difficulties to contact our free virtual learning every Saturday from 13:00 to 15:00 pm.
We thank AFE and Bridge London response for granting CASS last year, the Monitoring Evaluations have been sent to them to see how their fund has been wisely spent. Bridge has confirmed the feedback and we thank them. Now we waiting from AFE to do the same.
Cass submitted two applications to John Lyons and Alec Dickson for different small projects and looking forward to hear from them.
Welcome pack is ready for everyone and your feedback is important to us
* New young people are welcome, happy to outreach more parents to contact;
*Camden Forum meeting, date not yet fixed
* 2 Teachers are finished their training with NRCSE - & waiting for the Quality Mark visit!
* Cass promotes to increase children and partners, so outreach is open to everyone
* No one is authorise to disclose any children, volunteers personal details to the public without prior consent.
* Our Zoom is working and we can open whenever. To access it you need to request for an ID & password.
* Young people from the Cartesians Academy had a home work how to develop Congo on infrastructure, housing, health care, education, etc.
* Miradi, a testimony is out in April 21, the French version came out in December 2021 after a year for struggling from covid 67 days in hospital and miraculously healed.
* COVID-19 is still around and among us.Ensure you had your vaccine 1-2 & 3 booster, mask, cleaned hands
NB.The contract with Six website will end on 5 April 2024.
Everyday matters! We must maintain social distancing at the loop. The Cartesians Academy is taking care to the pandemic measures. This is to make safe environment for everyone, including our staff.
This is because our community has lost between 24/12 to 4/1/2021 14 parents in London alone!, Most of them close friends and people we used to interact with! RIP.
*Ensure that when we come from outside;
*Please clean regularly with antiviral disinfectant that we can provide;
* Always wash your hands before and after you touch IT equipment, doors, toilet, etc.
* Wear your mask when going out;
* When you have symptoms, then you need a test or call NHS on 111.
For more information. you can visit the UK Government website guidance.